July 18, 2012

Wow. Just... Wow.

Every now and again as we flow through our days we serendipitously stumble upon something profound.

Today I ran across a quote that struck a chord so deep in my soul, it solved a problem I didn't realize I had.

In my soul I am an Artist and a Writer.

I write to let all of those words out of my head. I think too much. Frequently the pen is my only escape; my only opportunity to silence the never ending pondering going on between my ears.

Writing sets me free.

I make Art because I *have* to. So many ideas, so many pictures of concepts that I can't express in words. So much to share with the world.

I have been stuck for a long time. The pictures, the concepts, the ideas... All of them lost before I could create with them and for them. I couldn't even imagine how I had been so prolific in the past...

Until this quote:

"The object isn't to create art;
it's to be in a state which makes art inevitable."
~ Robert Henri

Yes! That was it! I was literally stunned.

I got it, loud and clear. The times when I made the most art were the times when I wasn't trying or thinking or wishing or planning. I had simply created a life for myself in which art was inevitable.

The best part is, I am back in that place once more. For the first time since 2007/2008 I am living each day the way I was meant to: free, flowing, and spontaneous.

I have been spending as much time as possible with the people in my life that nurture and support the best of who I am and I can feel the difference.

Finding that quote today was validating. It was eye-opening. It was the string that tied it all together...

~ be in a state which makes art inevitable...

No comments: