August 21, 2013

Music changes everything

There is so much going on in my life these days, it makes the time go by so quickly. Tonight is my fourth night of work this week and it feels like just yesterday I was standing in the pool discussing John Lennon....

I have been writing more than I have in years. Pages and pages flowing out of my pen. It feels so good to pour out my soul onto the smooth pages. I feel things so deeply and the emotions can be overwhelming at times. Its just who I am.

Music always brings me clarity. Sunday I left the pool and on the drive back I had the wrong music in the car with me. I got home, and I immediately changed out mt CD's. Sunday night it was Sarah McLachlin. "Surfacing" was exactly what I needed. Monday it was Shania Twain "Come on Over" and I was strong again. Tuesday it was Heart "Desire Walks On" and I was revved again. Somewhere in between, Etta James inspired me to clean the Art table and pull out the paint.

Music is everything. It is the undercurrent of our flow, it determines mood, it supports, it helps us hide or it enlivens us.

Every life deserves a soundtrack. Every heart deserves to be heard...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm like that too. I have certain songs that always get me out of a bad mood!