February 17, 2010

Turning 40...

So, I'm turning 40 in two months and I have been doing a lot of thinking about this milestone...


It is so true that when you reach "a certain age" you look at the world differently and you think about your life differently. I have been looking at my life and what I think is important and I see the change that has taken place in my soul over the last few years. So much is different now.


Most of all, my hopes and dreams have changed. My priorities have changed. My love has changed. I understand so many things I never understood before.


This has pretty much been all for the best, but I do find I don't have patience for some of the people in my life that are not where I am. While I understand that it is purely their youth and naivete that makes them so foolish, I can't help but be really irritated when they don't get what really matters. However, I do realize that this is my problem and not theirs. They will find their own wisdom in time... So I slowly fade into my own world and gradually loosen the ties that bind us emotionally.


Right now I am very busy with school. This has been my lifelong dream and with each class, each semester, I get closer to my goal. Some of my friends don't understand my time crunch or my limits and they think I am forgetting them, or leaving them behind. That couldn't be further from the truth. I have very few people in my life who have been with me through my journey in the most important ways. They will always mean the world to me and will never be far from my heart. But this is my time, and I have to grab it and run with everything that I have.


And I am...

No comments: