June 30, 2011

Clarity, it does a body good!

Happy Thursday, dear readers! Today is the first day of the rest of our lives! LOL

Yes, I'm in a mood today. But it's all good. I think I have gotten more sleep since Tuesday morning than I have in weeks. LOL The beautiful result is that I feel like ME for the first time in years. Truly.

I have been on an amazing path of discovery for the last twelve months and today I feel that so many lessons about who and what I am have brought me to right here, right now. It has been a difficult journey, to say the least. But on this path, I have learned more about myself than I ever dreamed I still needed to learn.

It was hard to face so many truths along the way. It was difficult to get truly honest with myself and finally work through some old issues once and for all... But today I have a clarity and lightness I have never been able to fully realize before this moment.

Ironically, it took me realizing what I DON'T want in order to finally see what I DO want. Go figure. But now that I have made it this far, it can only get better. For this is the woman who took a chance almost four years ago and went to Ale House to eat salad with a genius. This is the girl who chops off her hair on a whim, and makes sweeping changes in an instant because she needs a fresh start. And this is the woman who remembers never to compromise, because I deserve only the best life has to offer.

It's been a wild ride, but I sure have learned a lot. I always said I am a Work in Progress, and I hope I am never finished.

Here's to seeing what tomorrow may bring~

No comments: