July 5, 2011

Life is Good!


This has been an amazing weekend. I am happier than I have been in years, I have reconnected with some old friends, made some new friends, and learned more about myself along the way.

As I mentioned Thursday, I am fully in the here and now, back in my own skin again and happier than ever. I feel as happy and satisfied with my life as I did a few years ago, the last time I was single. Sure, I still need to work on some areas of my life, like my Art and business stuff, and I need to deal with my financial goals, but otherwise everything is great.

This weekend at work was really fun. As busy as we were, I did meet some new people that bring fresh air and fresh perspective to our routine, and one of them is already turning out to be a cool new friend. Tonight I finally saw an old friend who picked up overtime at our place and we got a chance to catch up a bit and make plans to do breakfast next weekend. Apparently, it has been five years since we've talked! 

In other news, the makeover was a good move. I'm getting used to my new look and getting a lot of positive feedback as well. Like any big change, it takes some time to feel normal, but now I'm settled in and pleased with my decision. Every time I look in the mirror, I am reminded that I am in a whole new place on my journey. :-)

The weight loss is going well, too. I am consistently two sizes smaller in all of my clothes now. I have very specific goals as far as dates and milestones for my total makeover. I don't think I've ever had this much fun getting healthier.

So, I can finally say that the past is the past and I am just enjoying each day as it happens. It gets easier to take one day at a time the longer I live in my natural flow. It is so much more fun to see what each day brings when I stop over-thinking and over-analyzing everything. I realize that I don't always know what I want, and that's ok. I don't have to decide as long as I am happy every day. Inspiration is everywhere and ideas are flowing again. The people that know me the best are happy to see me being ME again. 

And so am I...

Living~


No comments: