July 9, 2012

Lessons From The Week

So... life still has a way of teaching me things about myself. This weekend was no exception. I learned a lot, and some old lessons were revisited:

- the more things change, the more they stay the same

- I am still a strong, smart, fun woman who can hold her own in any situation

- I still make friends with fun people very easily once I push myself out of my comfort zone.

- I am also (still) a very emotional human being who feels things deeply. Joy... Pain... It all cuts to the core as much as it ever has. [wait- Isn't that called "being a woman!"?]

- it is possible to make a decision and be proud that you stuck to it, but still cry all the way home.

- loneliness and sorrow can stab you in the heart when you least expect it, and long-healed wounds still leave scars.

- you can't choose who you truly love in this world.

- some days are just good days, and some days just aren't

- no amount of Romulen Ale will make me understand men.

- no matter how many times you try to explain women to men, they just refuse to understand.

- I should set an alarm on my phone to remind me to reapply!!

- There is such a thing as getting sick from too much sun.

I think thats an awful lot to deal with in three short days. No wonder I'm currently in "Recovery Mode."

Here's hoping this week is much happier and less frustrating.

No comments: