August 28, 2012

Reverberating

So after a wild ride, the after effects of last week are still reverberating in my spirit.

Contemplating everything that happened, I still feel like it was a dream. It all played out like a typical dream you have when you go to sleep after a busy day.

The setting and characters keep changing, and it makes no sense how you got from here to there to there. Each day had a totally different theme, having nothing to with the day before. It's a lot to process.

The week began feeling incredibly lonely and really needing my friend to talk to. The one who listens with no judgement and reminds me why I like being alone at the end of the day. That's their job.

Then there was the uninvited information about my ghosts from the past. Like an intruder in the night, it shocked me out of my peaceful sleep and rocked my core.

Next we have the sudden appearance of the man who changed my outlook.

Then on to the friend I didn't know I had...

The batting lineup continued with the realization that I did pretty darn good with my life despite it all.

Enter character number five. Hhmmm... That's a story still unfolding.

It was a lot to take in and it hadn't even gotten crazy yet! I felt like I was awakened in the middle of the night after one of those dreams you think about for a week, wondering what it all meant. I was Wide Awake and hitting concrete, as the song goes.

A few busy nights at work and the weekend started to make sense. Until it didn't. Saturday shook it up all over again in totally different directions and then Sunday and Monday were filled with new surprises I never saw coming from out of left field.

So I sit here today pondering it all, knowing I could never make sense of it enough to share with anyone. But this is my life now. It was a week of "Be careful what you wish for, because it might come true" and then some.

So I have a plan. Caryl would be proud. LOL

I will breathe and stay in the moment and let it unfold a bit more before I make any rash decisions. One day at a time.

Today I will just be me and I will let tomorrow unfold. Perhaps it will start to make sense sooner than later....

~ Back to sleep ~

No comments: