August 15, 2013

Its the Little Things...

Some days the smallest things can make you feel so good. A few days ago I received a message from a dear friend in Indy. She said she went to see Styx, and when they played "I'm Okay" she thought of me. :-) After listening to the song again, I felt so loved.

The idea that someone I really like being friends with just "gets me" on that level.... It warmed my heart.

People ask me all the time why I work so hard to get to my Hoosier Sisters as often as I can. I know I was supposed to meet these special women. Some of them have gotten to know me so well, and our love for each other defies explanation. On the surface, we may not seem close. Geographical distance and the demands of every day life may keep us from talking regularly, but there is a deep understanding between our souls that keeps us connected in a way I never knew was possible.

I am so grateful for my Hoosier Stitchers/Hooter Sisters! They love me unconditionally, they appreciate me for who I am, and they lift me up in a way no one else does.

Thank you, girls!!

No comments: