June 16, 2011

Take My Hand...

I couldn't sleep, what else is new? So I was listening to a new playlist on the iPod and it struck me that the lyrics to Dido's "Take My Hand" are perfect for two people at the beginning of an adventure.


She says
Touch my skin, and tell me what you're thinking
Take my hand, and tell me where we're going
Lie down next to me, look into my eyes and tell me, oh tell me what you're seeing
So sit on top of the world and tell me how you're feeling
What you feel now is what I feel for you
Take my hand and if I'm lying to you
I'll always be alone
If I'm lying to you
See my eyes, they carry your reflection
Watch my lips and hear the words I'm telling you
Give your trust to me and Look into my heart and show me, show me what you're doing


So sit on top of the world and tell me what you're feeling
What you feel now is what I feel for you


Of course, it goes on for another chorus and another verse. She describes two people at the tentative place in the beginning when both are constantly wondering if they feel the same things or see the same possibilities along the way.


It's so scary starting something new. Yesterday I was nervous before I left for our second date. Not because I had anything to really be nervous about. I simply was scared of my own feelings. Scared of how badly I wanted to go... It was so easy and fun and good the first time. What if it wasn't the second time? Or worse, what if it was? What we came to different conclusions this time? Can I handle pushing past my walls and taking a chance? Will he be willing to chip away at those walls to REALLY know me? Or will he just try to change me like all the others and then walk away once I am not ME anymore?


I like what I see so far, and I am beginning to understand what he needs. But I am scared to find out if what I need is any part of this equation. Perhaps I am even more afraid that he won't want to know...


One day at a time~

No comments: