September 22, 2012

Life is funny

And it gets funnier every day...

Last night I arrived at my destination around 8pm. By 10:22 I was gathering my purse, phone, etc to head home.

As I drove away I had clarity in that way where you feel as if great "knowingness" has just been downloaded into your spirit and you can't help but say Wow, I get it!! I get the bigger picture and how all of these different thoughts and feelings were bringing me to THIS moment, THIS realization.

The only thing I could do was drive. I knew I wasn't ready to go home. I knew I had to stop somewhere and sit and just "be". So I called Maddie and told her I had left and was coming home but I needed to be alone for a little while.

I had planned on stopping at Starbucks at a later exit, but I was drawn to the McDonalds sign. As I got further up the road and veered to the right I was staring straight at Bates RV along the exit ramp. Profound. When I thought the lesson couldn't get any clearer, it was vibrantly clear what I was being told.

"You are exactly where you need to be. You have your perfect plan for your life and you need to stay focused on WHO YOU ARE."

My kids are safe, healthy, and happy. I have a job that I love where I get to work with some of the best people I've ever known. I have a social circle filled with people who love me for exactly who I am: that bubbly energetic girl who truly loves people and loves to laugh with friends.

Most of all, I have a plan for my future. It involves my dream to be exactly who I want to be, and do exactly what I want to do. And the people that truly love me and "get" me understand it on every level.

I WILL have my time with my hot pink hair and my RV life. It's what I was meant to do. Last summer, when I was going through yet another lesson, Alex said something to me that has been haunting me all week.

He told me, "Don't worry mom. He's waiting for you. You will be living your RV life and when you make it out west to New Mexico or Arizona, you will meet that man on the motorcycle with a leather jacket and clear blue eyes. And he will be the one that gets you for forever." I laughed at him but he said, "you know I'm right. He'll be there waiting."

My son and I have an amazing bond. Each of my children have their own special relationship with me, and they each lift me up in different ways. I thank God for bringing these amazing souls into my life and letting me have the joy of being their mother.

Cass pours sunshine in my spirit and reminds me to be strong and independent. Maddie keeps me sane and reminds me that I can be ME and still carry on a somewhat productive life. With her help, of course! LOL Peter is my baby who loves me in a way that only he can, and we are just starting to build our relationship beyond mom and child now that he is a young man.

But my Alex is a true Dreamer. An idealistic creative genius who understands my dreams and my hurts, and my artistic soul. Each of them is there with the right words, or the right hug, just when I need it the most.

"Remember who you are. I promise to always send the people you NEED, when you need them. Trust in yourself and your dreams. Breathe. Smile. Laugh with Joy."

~ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Yeah. I'm feeling God's presence in my life in a way I haven't felt it in a LONG time.

~ Grateful

No comments: